Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What new horrors!

That's what I thought after I had completed the Joomla assignment, and before Assignment 3 had been disclosed.

I recently finished Hyperbole and a Half, a book written by Alli Brosh who is also responsible for the ingenious blog by the same name (http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/) and one of her illustrations perfectly relates my sentiment of Assignment 3... an old-school essay!




Today, I made arrangements with my contact to conduct the interview on her library's CMS via email, which will be super convenient for us both. The plan is to wrap up discussion post requirements by Friday evening and attack Assignment 3 over the weekend. Planning is half the battle!

6 comments:

  1. I love the image and the blog title. From what I have read from a few members we are all ready for this nicer assignment. Bring on the weekend, a breathe of fresh air, and the next wave of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your artistic taste. Not many young people appreciate (or even know) Hopper. It just so happens I have a Hopper up in my office at work that's been there for years:

    http://41.media.tumblr.com/7515b7f9481de6316470cdc0501aaf7e/tumblr_nd1loo3H3L1sfcoizo1_1280.jpg

    Probably a bit disconcerting to admit this painting has always reminded me of my college sweetheart. :) Shhhh...don't tell the wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your secret's safe with me. I know nothing about art, I've just always had a thing for Ryder's House; I would love to live in a house just like that. It would make life feel so blissfully simple.

      Delete
  3. You're so right about the planning! Had I noticed that the library conference I was scheduled to attend coincided with the Joomla assignment, I probably would have fought tooth and nail to get out of going to the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image is awesome! I must admit I'm liking this assignment a whole lot better than the last one. It will be like a breath of fresh air. I love the site by the way. Very nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image is awesome! I must admit I'm liking this assignment a whole lot better than the last one. It will be like a breath of fresh air. I love the site by the way. Very nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete