Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Now, For Your Twitter Update


A little exploration has shown me many different types of tweets from both individuals and organizations, and I now have a much better understanding of how this social media platform functions. It’s actually a very simple design with a super user-friendly layout, so that anyone (even old-school librarians who remain skeptical of social media) can learn and participate; technology anxiety is completely unwarranted here! However, I’m a newbie, and tweeting still feels a little like stepping out into traffic when you don’t know what a car is. I guess my biggest challenge is getting over the self-consciousness I feel about what I release into the online universe. Is it like reading aloud in front of the class? Does it begin to feel more natural the longer you’re at it?

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh, Lindsay. "Old school librarian" indeed. I've got at least twenty years on you. Ha. But yeah, you're right, the Twitter thing is a bit overwhelming to me, too, and some people seem such naturals at it. As the shoemaker says, Just Do It. And it will get easier. BTW, I love-love the picture of the cottage on your profile. Who did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger sister, Scout, made it on her ipod Touch. It's part of the water wheel/grits mill at Berry College in Rome, Georgia. She also took the one of me and the kitten, and all the pictures that I'll be uploading to my Joomla page :)

    ReplyDelete